News View All News »
COVID-19 Update for K-6 Families
Sunday, March 15, 2020 -
Dear Liverpool Central School District K-6 Parents and Guardians,
The LCSD administrative team met this afternoon to troubleshoot the upcoming two-week school shut down. We want to thank you in advance for your patience and flexibility during this unprecedented time.
Breakfast and Lunch Programs:
* Breakfast and lunch will be provided to children as usual as long as school in session.
* There is a plan being developed to organize pick-up and drop-off location for breakfast and lunch for all students. A survey has been sent out by the district to organize this.
The following activities have been suspended:
* Thursday’s Parents/Teacher Conferences have been canceled. This day will be a full day of school for students and staff. I have encouraged teachers to contact parents/guardians by phone to discuss any concerns they may have about a child’s performance.
* All after school activities have been suspended. Late bus runs have also been immediately suspended.
* CSE and 504 meetings will continue as long as school continues to be in session. While school is suspended, CSE and 504 meetings will be coordinated through the district or building.
* CONTACT STEAM - The after school STEAM program at DDE, CHE, LE, and LBE has been suspended immediately.
* Instruction this week will continue as usual.
* During the closure, packets will be sent home with students for ELA & Math only. These are extended learning opportunities and are not intended to replace instruction.
* BASCOL will continue this week in each building as usual.
* Once school has been suspended only the all day BASCOL locations at LBE and MRE will be in operation.
* Liberty Resources will continue to provide student counseling at buildings during school hours once school is closed.
Executive Director for Elementary Education