News View All News »
Helpful Winter Weather Hints
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
As Central New York prepares for winter weather here are some helpful reminders for Liverpool Central School District parents and guardians:
- During inclement weather, there are many factors that affect our buses and it is not uncommon for buses to run a few minutes late. The students still need to be at the bus stop on time, even in the coldest of weather.
- Please have your child dressed appropriately. If the students are not out, the bus cannot wait because that would make them even later for everyone else.
- If schools are delayed or closed, that information is posted on the LCSD Web site (www.liverpool.k12.ny.us) immediately, usually before 6 a.m., and announced using the Key Communicator and SchoolMessenger services.
It is important that your contact information is up-to-date in our student information system so that you can receive notices from SchoolMessenger in the event school is closed, delayed or dismissed early. Please contact your school building if your contact information has changed.
In addition, local television stations announce the delays or closings live and on their Web sites.
No matter what the weather please remember that if you are driving and you encounter a school bus with its red lights flashing you must stop. There will be children entering or exiting the bus… let’s keep them safe!
Additional Winter Information...
On certain rare occasions, emergency conditions, such as impending storms, may necessitate dismissal of students before regular school closing time. In such an event, efforts will be made to have the emergency closing posted on the Web site and announced using the Key Communicator, SchoolMessenger and over local television stations.
Partial Day (After 12:00)
K through Grade 12: NO activities involving students will be permitted.
- K through Grade 12: Practices, rehearsals and meetings involving students WILL NOT BE permitted.
- Grades 9 through 12: Competitions and performances involving students MAY BE permitted at the discretion of the principal, the director of athletics or the director of fine arts.