News View All News »
COVID-19 Update for LHS Families
Sunday, March 15, 2020 -
Dear LHS Parents and Guardians,
LHS Instructional Plan
Continuity of education will be necessary for our students throughout our pending shutdown. In preparation for the shutdown, we are asking our teachers to plan and provide online resources for the courses they teach. While we understand that there are limitations to the instruction that we can provide for our students during an extended period of time, there are many resources that we can make available for our students to keep them engaged and up to date in their learning.
It is now an expectation that all teachers have a Google Classroom site set up to provide students with daily instructional materials and content during the shutdown. Students will need to use their LCSD email to access their Google Classroom sites and teachers will provide students with specific directions about accessing these sites this week. If a teacher already has an established virtual platform, they will continue to utilize that platform.
Please see the following list of teacher and student responsibilities during our shutdown:
* Create instructional plan for all courses taught using Google classroom. This will serve as the primary mode of instructional communication between teachers and students throughout LHS.
* The expectation is that teachers will be virtually available during school hours in order to assist or answer questions via email or otherwise.
* Teachers can have paper copies upon request for students who do not have connectivity at home.
* Teachers should demonstrate understanding concerning every student’s circumstance.
* Students are expected to check Google classroom and complete daily assignments for the duration of the school closure.
* Students should contact individual teachers if clarification, guidance, or assistance is needed with any assignment or learning activity.
Breakfast and Lunch for Students
The LCSD Food Services and Transportation Departments are working on a plan for distributing food to qualifying students during the shutdown. More information will be available to families in a separate communication from LCSD.
LHS Executive Principal