About the District
Liverpool has a long history of providing an excellent educational environment for nearly 7,300 students, of which 84 percent pursue higher education. The district offers a wide range of programs and services, including honors and Advanced Placement courses, cutting-edge technology, a highly respected special education program and numerous extracurricular activities.
Committed to preserving its high standards and strong curriculum, Liverpool maintains active relationships with many local colleges and universities including Syracuse University, SUNY Cortland, SUNY Oswego, SUNY ESF, Le Moyne College, Rochester Institute of Technology, Onondaga Community College and SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry. Students have the opportunity to earn both high school and college credit in a variety of subjects.
Points of Pride
- Outstanding academic programs that include Advanced Placement courses in all areas of study
- Exceptional music program that has been recognized by the National Association of Music Merchants Foundation as one of the Best Communities for Music Education for seven of the past nine years
- Outstanding performing and visual arts programs
- Adventures in the Arts program and Summer Arts Academy
- Competitive, successful athletic programs - athletic teams have won 172 league championships, 111 sectional championships and 29 regional championships.
- Sixteen teams have been ranked #1 in New York State and 15 teams have been ranked nationally.
- An extensive and diverse electives program
- Regionally acclaimed robotics team that has received the Regional Champion Award four times over the past six years
- Journalism program that distinguishes itself annually during a regional student newspaper competition at the Syracuse University
- A site-based, student-run credit union
Our District includes 9 elementary schools, three middle schools, a ninth grade school, and one high school:
Average Class Size
Kindergarten-Grade 3: 22
Grades 4-6: 23
Grades 7-8: 24
Grades 9-12: 25
Number of Students*
Middle School: 1118
High School: 2159
Out of District: 120
* As of June 2017